What’s light weight, portable, can easily be removed and carried in a jersey pocket, and keeps the water out of your butt crack? It sounds like a lead-in to a joke, but the answer is the amazing Ass Savers mini-fender. And this is the coolest custom design on an Ass Saver (or any fender, for that matter) we’ve ever seen. Note this is the latest/greatest, V4 Ass Savers fender with improved coverage.
If you want to order these with wheels, or any other products we stock, please send us a message and we’ll remove any shipping costs for these.
And, look, we’re based in the PNW — WE KNOW FENDERS. Most of us have dedicated, full-fender bikes, and removable ones for several other bikes. This ain’t for the all-day deluge, but it’s versatile, light enough to race with, and actually does save your ass. Use it in the shoulder seasons. Put it in your bike travel bag. Fly the raddest of flags!
Check out these other great hits...
Portland Care Package
UPDATE: We now have a variety of Biciclista hats available, including the super cool PICCANTE & SHIBRIGHT cycling caps, and the HELMETTO beanie in black or red.
We know that you could use a little pick-me-up for yourself, and you’d probably like to send some love to someone you care about, too. In that spirit, we created these “Portland Care Packages” to offer some cheer, and to support some of our favorite local businesses in the process. And we made these a tremendous value, too! You can choose between a care package with HiFi Precision handlebar tape (our all-time favorite tape); a HiFi etched stainless steel flask; or both tape & flask. Here’s what’s in every box:
- Double-Sided HiFi T-shirt. A brand new release for us, made in collaboration with our favorite local screen printer. Next Level tri-blend tees are incredibly soft and comfortable, and they look so awesome in Vintage Black. Women’s and Men’s sizes available. Our very picky women testers particularly love the fit and fabric of the women’s tees! (Dudes love the men’s, of course, too). ($25 retail)
- Bag of Coava coffee whole beans (300g)! Currently serving Lutlala from the Timor Leste region. “In the cup, please look for notes of tangerine, buckwheat honey, and creme brulee.” Visit Coava’s write-up for more of the incredible backstory. ($17 retail)
- Biciclista HELMETTO Beanie in red or black; PICCANTE (red pepper); or SHIBRIGHT (flower print) cycling cap. The beanies are perfect for pre- or post-ride, or anytime comfort. The cycling caps are developed to be a perfect under helmet layer with superior breathability and fast drying characteristics. Fabric: 65% Polyester, 35% Cotton, One size fits most; Mesh fabric for the central band; Internal hypoallergenic sweatband; Digital printed with water-based inks. Scroll through this post’s image gallery to see all of them, and find more info from Biciclista. ($25 retail)
- HiFive hand sanitizer Strong and stylish glass amber spray bottles hold 2oz of sanitizer for easy on-the-bike and general on-the-go portability. It’s 80% ethyl alcohol from a local distillery mixed with peppermint and tea tree oils. Note that, like most sanitizers our there, this is a flammable product. Please follow CDC guidelines if using this hand sanitizer as part of your COVID-19 plan. ($6 retail)
- Some fun mystery Bonus Stickers from HiFi & Biciclista (priceless!)
Then choose either the Bar Tape; Flask; or Bar Tape & Flask package:
- HiFi Precision handlebar tape Black & embossed gold, with custom locking bar end plugs. More info here. ($35 retail)
- HiFi Etched Flask Stainless steel with a black powder coat and laser etched HiFi logo. 5oz capacity with handy-dandy curved hip flask profile. More info here. ($20 retail)
- Both! ($55 retail)
HiFi Precision Premium Bar Tape
Stop looking, friends! You’ve found it. This is the bar tape you’ve been looking for. Just the right amount of stretch. Embossed HiFi logos in gold add texture and pizzazz. And the tape itself has a little bit of cushion for your pushin’ to take the edge off of road and dirt miles, and it combines the exceedingly rare combination of precise handling, tactile grip, and durability. Eat your heart out, lesser handlebar tapes!
And the coup de grâce? HiFi Precision Handlebar Tape comes with custom locking bar end plugs!!! The plugs are lightweight, and you won’t lose them. The tape will last for miles and miles (and miles…) – but the plugs will last even longer. This is a serious upgrade for your drop bar bike. Be excited.
HiFi Warmfront Chest Warmers
We are excited to partner with our friends at Warmfront to offer some custom sublimated HiFi editions of their amazing, versatile Warmfront insulating layers.
The Ultralight Warmfront is a chest warmer. The Warmfront Koselig is a wind-resistant chest warmer for winter weather. The Ultralight is sufficient for winter riding in most moderate climates, while the Koselig adds more windblock and waterproofing, and features a gold elephant pattern on the body of the chest warmer.
Both are thermal, one-sided bib / base layers to insulate your core from the cold wind. They can be worn as a base layer, or as a mid-layer.
Warmfront designed them with Velcro collars that let you put them on and take them off quickly. You’ll be amazed at the difference in warmth this svelte package provides. And, when you start climbing and heating up, the Velcro neck allows for one-handed removal on-the-go. Instant ventilation!
Women’s sizing features a smaller neck (14″ to 17″ versus 16″ to 20″ for men), and a more tapered / less boxy fit at the hips.
- Lightweight, flexible warmth for unpredictable weather.
- Insulating, moisture-wicking Polartec Powder Dry waffle fleece body (ULTRALIGHT) or Polartec Wind Pro fleece (KOSELIG)
- Sublimated jersey collar
- Velcro collar
- 2 oz / 51g (ULTRALIGHT); 2.5 oz / 70g (KOSELIG)
- Body dimensions: 10 in. wide x 17 in. tall (25.4cm x 43 cm)
- Fits neck sizes 14″ to 17″ for Women’s and 16″ to 20″ for Men’s
- Rolls up SUPER SMALL for ultra-portability and versatility.
- Handmade in Colorado
Keep a Warmfront chest warmer in your pocket or seat bag.
The second you get cold, unzip your jacket, put the collar around your neck, and you are back in business.
Men’s PDX T-Shirts
Our HiFi American Apparel t-shirts are the smoothest and softest t-shirt you’ll ever wear. Made of fine jersey, it has a durable, vintage feel. These classic-cut shirts are known for their premium quality, as well as ability to stand up to a washing machine (will keep size and color after many washings). The shirts are 100% fine jersey cotton, except for the heather gray color (90% cotton, 10% polyester)./
Shirts are made per order and take 3-5 days to process.
• 100% fine jersey cotton
• Heather grey is 90% cotton, 10% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.3 oz/y² (146 g/m²)
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
• All US orders Made in USA.
Women’s PDX T-Shirts
Our HiFi 100% cotton t-shirts (except for heather colors, which contain 10% polyester) are pre-shrunk to make sure your size is maintained throughout several washes, and has a classic, slightly form-fitting women’s-specific fit. • 100% jersey knit • Pre-shrunk • … Read More